18 August 2026

Islamabad Disputes India’s Account of Operation Sindoor

Logo
Bangla Press Published: 18 August 2026, 01:15 PM
Islamabad Disputes India’s Account of Operation Sindoor

Bangla Press Desk:  Pakistan’s military has rejected India’s portrayal of Operation Sindoor as a victory, calling a documentary on the conflict “highly dramatised”, The News Pakistan reports.

In a statement on Monday, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said India was trying to “colour history in her preferred hues” instead of accepting what it described as a failed operation.

Pakistan’s ISPR said the documentary uses selectively edited interviews, emotional narration and Bollywood-style reconstructions to present its version of events, it added.

It pointed to a contradiction over the Pahalgam attack, saying India linked it to a speech by Pakistan’s army chief on Apr 16, 2025. India later said the three alleged perpetrators were killed on Jul 28, more than two months after Operation Sindoor.

“If the alleged perpetrators were eliminated on the 28th of July, India must explain who it claims to have punished on the 7th of May, 2025,” the ISPR said.

The military rejected India’s “100 percent mission success” claim, saying Pakistani forces shot down eight Indian military aircraft during Marka-e-Haq.

Pakistan then launched Operation Bunyanum Marsoos against 26 military targets using rockets, missiles, air force munitions, loitering munitions and artillery, the ISPR said.

It also said the documentary’s own account of Pakistani missile, drone and air activity, Line of Control engagements and Indian air-defence deployments contradicted its claim of decisive victory.

The ISPR said hostilities ended through communication between the two Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs), with the United States facilitating the cessation.

It said the documentary’s competing claims about India’s escalation dominance and its decision to limit the conflict exposed it as a domestic narrative rather than an objective military account.

Pakistan, the ISPR said, had no need to manufacture a narrative because operational records, battlefield evidence and diplomatic exchanges speak for themselves.

It warned that any future “military misadventure” would draw a “firm, decisive and disproportionate response”.

India struck Pakistan on May 7 last year, following the Pahalgam attack, while Pakistan responded with Operation Bunyan-un-Marsoos on May 10.

The fighting ended that day after US President Donald Trump announced a ceasefire.

 

 


 

[Bangla Press is a global platform for free thought. It provides impartial news, analysis, and commentary for independent-minded individuals. Our goal is to bring about positive change, which is more important today than ever before.]

Comments (0)

Join the Conversation

Please log in to share your thoughts and engage with other readers.

No comments yet

Be the first to share your thoughts on this article!

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Sangeet Academy


Sangeet Academy